On Saturday 10 October, One Fitness 24/7 will kick off a ‘Push-ups with purpose’ challenge, raising money to help fund mental health services and support in Kiama and surrounding areas.
According to Courtney Amburg, Manager of One Fitness 24/7, teams of up to 5 people will raise money by completing 3,046 push-ups over 21 days. This represents the number of lives lost in Australia to suicide in 2018.
"The team at One Fitness felt compelled to help our local community and do what we do best to bring much needed services directly to our doorstep," said Courtney."We want to bring people together, get strong, and have fun too!"
Participants do not need to be members of the gym to get involved. Team registrations can be done at One Fitness 24/7 or by emailing email@example.com
Teams will receive pledge books and ‘Push-ups with a purpose’ tracking sheets.
“The fundraiser will culminate on Sunday 1 November with a ‘Grand Push Up Total’ event held at One Fitness 24/7 and the Sebel Harborside. Here teams will compete head to head to see how many push-ups they can accomplish for this cause.”
Those wanting to learn more and get involved are encouraged to visit The One Fitness 24/7 Facebook page, the events page on the website here or you can view the event flyer here.
- Tis the season of mixed feelings!
- Suicide prevention strategy is hope in action
- We can all play a role in suicide prevention
- Voices of In-Sight workshop
- Suicide: there are services available to help those left behind
- Creating change through lived experience of suicide
- Loneliness is a universal yet deeply personal experience
- How conversations can make a difference
- Creating hope through action - World Suicide Prevention Day
- Safe Haven
- Open Letter: Responding to suicide in our community
- Where to go for local support over the Christmas period
- Locals bravely share their stories on video to help other people bereaved by suicide
- Australia’s first Suicide and Self-harm Monitoring System website launched
- ‘Chats for change’ are here for you!
- Push for better this October
- Join the virtual ‘Out of the Shadows’ walk!
- Local event planned to mark R U OK? Day
- Developing a local response to suicide prevention in Kiama and Gerringong
- Celebrating Wear It Purple Day for LGBTIQ+ young Australians!