On Saturday 10 October, One Fitness 24/7 will kick off a ‘Push-ups with purpose’ challenge, raising money to help fund mental health services and support in Kiama and surrounding areas.
According to Courtney Amburg, Manager of One Fitness 24/7, teams of up to 5 people will raise money by completing 3,046 push-ups over 21 days. This represents the number of lives lost in Australia to suicide in 2018.
"The team at One Fitness felt compelled to help our local community and do what we do best to bring much needed services directly to our doorstep," said Courtney."We want to bring people together, get strong, and have fun too!"
Participants do not need to be members of the gym to get involved. Team registrations can be done at One Fitness 24/7 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Teams will receive pledge books and ‘Push-ups with a purpose’ tracking sheets.
“The fundraiser will culminate on Sunday 1 November with a ‘Grand Push Up Total’ event held at One Fitness 24/7 and the Sebel Harborside. Here teams will compete head to head to see how many push-ups they can accomplish for this cause.”
- Embracing collective care: nurturing compassion, unity, and hope
- #care2qpr: Illawarra suicide prevention advocate shares key messages
- #care2qpr: Aboriginal community urged to talk in tough times
- #care2qpr: Why young people should reach out if they're having a tough time
- #care2qpr: How carers helping people with suicidal distress can get help themselves
- #care2qpr: Peer workers in Illawarra helping people in suicidal crisis
- #care2qpr: New causes of death data shows lives lost to suicide in Australia
- #care2qpr: Importance of postvention support for people bereaved by suicide
- Support is available for those left behind after suicide
- #care2qpr: How suicidal distress can show in men
- The Illawarra Mercury relaunches 2023 #care2qpr suicide prevention campaign
- Coping with financial stress, there's help out there!
- Finishing school can be a time of uncertainty
- Tis the season of mixed feelings!
- Suicide prevention strategy is hope in action