Suicide bereavement can be an incredibly difficult experience, and sometimes you may need some extra support from a health professional. It's okay to reach out for support if you need it.
- how do I know if I need professional help?
- Standby Suicide Support Service provides free phone support for people bereaved by suicide on 1300 659 467 for up to a year
- Grief Journeys provides free face-to-face and online grief counselling for people bereaved by suicide in the Illawarra Shoalhaven and can be contacted on 0407 224 567
- local psychologists who see people bereaved by suicide: Dr Olga Lavalle & Associates (Illawarra) | Shoalhaven psychology
- speak to your GP about a mental health care plan (if applicable)
- call Lifeline on 13 11 14 for crisis phone support
- call Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467.