Kiama High School students recently donated the proceeds of multiple fundraising events to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative.
13 students participated in an elective events management course run by SENTRAL Youth Services. The students held a cake stall at Kiama High School and a Youth Market in Hindmarsh Park, with 20 stall holders taking part - a great success!
The students raised a total of $1,300, which they donated to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative, with the aim of assisting local suicide prevention efforts.
Thank you to all involved! The donation will help more than 100 people to complete Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), an online, evidence-based suicide prevention training course that takes just one hour.
You can sign up for QPR here: www.suicidepreventioncollaborative.org.au/qpr
- Tis the season of mixed feelings!
- Suicide prevention strategy is hope in action
- We can all play a role in suicide prevention
- Voices of In-Sight workshop
- Suicide: there are services available to help those left behind
- Creating change through lived experience of suicide
- Loneliness is a universal yet deeply personal experience
- How conversations can make a difference
- Creating hope through action - World Suicide Prevention Day
- Safe Haven
- Open Letter: Responding to suicide in our community
- Where to go for local support over the Christmas period
- Locals bravely share their stories on video to help other people bereaved by suicide
- Australia’s first Suicide and Self-harm Monitoring System website launched
- ‘Chats for change’ are here for you!
- Push for better this October
- Join the virtual ‘Out of the Shadows’ walk!
- Local event planned to mark R U OK? Day
- Developing a local response to suicide prevention in Kiama and Gerringong
- Celebrating Wear It Purple Day for LGBTIQ+ young Australians!