Do you know someone who is doing incredible work for suicide prevention? Nominate them for a LiFE Award today!
Held annually, the LiFE Awards are the premier event in the suicide prevention sector to acknowledge and pay tribute to those on the frontline, putting their hearts and souls into their work.
There are a variety of categories for both individuals and organisations.
Nominations close 13 March 2020 and the recipients will be awarded at the National Suicide Prevention Conference on 22 July 2020 in Canberra.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award: the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award recognises an organisation or individual who has provided a unique and creative program, partnership or service that encompasses a holistic and social view of health and suicide prevention.
- Communities Matter Award: the Communities Matter Award has two categories - individual and organisation. The focus is grassroots work for the community, by the community.
- Emerging Researcher Award: the Emerging Researcher Award recognises contributions by an Australian researcher (individual or group) who are early in their career. Research must demonstrate best practice values and outcomes that drive improvements in suicide prevention.
- Leadership Award: the Leadership Award recognises an individual who has gone above and beyond daily operations within the year of judging.
- LiFEtime Achievement Award: this award is the highest of accolades for outstanding, sustained contribution to the sector. It is not presented annually, but rather at the discretion of the Suicide Prevention Australia Board, to recognise merit and ongoing achievement.
- Media Award: the Media Award recognises an individual or organisation that has achieved sustained coverage, adhered to safe reporting guidelines and creatively utilised different channels to communicate. This award includes print, digital, social media or artwork.
- Workplace Award: the Workplace Award recognises a program, business or employer that promotes suicide prevention in the workplace or contributes towards suicide prevention within the community more broadly.
- Creating hope through action - World Suicide Prevention Day
- Safe Haven
- Open Letter: Responding to suicide in our community
- Where to go for local support over the Christmas period
- Locals bravely share their stories on video to help other people bereaved by suicide
- Australia’s first Suicide and Self-harm Monitoring System website launched
- ‘Chats for change’ are here for you!
- Push for better this October
- Join the virtual ‘Out of the Shadows’ walk!
- Local event planned to mark R U OK? Day
- Developing a local response to suicide prevention in Kiama and Gerringong
- Celebrating Wear It Purple Day for LGBTIQ+ young Australians!
- Next Steps wins grant to explore gender differences in suicide prevention
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!
- Working together to deliver quality community training
- Keeping well & staying connected amidst COVID-19 shutdown
- Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) program kicks off for 2020
- Article: Illawarra suicide prevention head Alex Hains says we all have a role to play
- Nominate someone you know for a LiFE Award today!
- Find support during the bushfires