We all have a role to play in suicide prevention. One simple thing you can do is learn how to recognise and respond to the warning signs of suicide.
Lifeline South Coast and Citylife Community Initiatives are currently offering two types of face-to-face suicide prevention trainings.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST): 2 day workshop
Date: Thursday 6th and Friday 7th September 2018
Time: 9am-5pm both days
Price: $400 per participant (plus GST) must be paid before attending training
More info: at the Lifeline South Coast website
Question Persuade Refer: 1hr - 3hr workshops
Date: Multiple (click here for date options)
Time: 1pm start
Venue: Fairy Meadow
Price: $17 - 40
More info: https://qprlive.eventbrite.com.au
For more information on available community suicide prevention trainings click here.
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!
- Working together to deliver quality community training
- Keeping well & staying connected amidst COVID-19 shutdown
- Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) program kicks off for 2020
- Article: Illawarra suicide prevention head Alex Hains says we all have a role to play
- Nominate someone you know for a LiFE Award today!
- Find support during the bushfires
- Find support for yourself and others during the holidays
- Services for people experiencing homelessness during the holidays
- Applications now open for Innovation Research Grants!
- Development of the NSW LGBTI Health Strategy
- Help us spread the word about suicide prevention
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!