Suicide prevention is so much more than a risk assessment.
If you're a health professional in the Illawarra Shoalhaven, join us for an interactive workshop that will equip you with the latest skills and training in psychological treatments for suicidality.
The workshop will be facilitated by experienced presenters Adam McRae and Dr Rebecca Sng from Grand Pacific Health; Alex Hains from the Collaborative; and Carrie Lumby, lived experienced Collaborative member.
The workshop will be held in two locations.
- Date: Monday 21 October
- Time: 9am - 4pm
- Venue: Grand Pacific Health Centre, 107 Scenic Drive, Nowra
- Date: Tuesday 29 October
- Time: 9am - 4pm
- Venue: Shellharbour Civic Centre, 76 Cygnet Ave, Shellharbour
To gain free entry to the training, complete a 20 minute self-assessment tool via: www.suicidepreventioncollaborative.org.au/selfassess
At the end of the self-assessment you will receive a code. Send this code and your preferred training day to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 16 October to reserve your seat!
For more information, see the suicide prevention training flyer.
- Push for better this October
- Join the virtual ‘Out of the Shadows’ walk!
- Local event planned to mark R U OK? Day
- Developing a local response to suicide prevention in Kiama and Gerringong
- Celebrating Wear It Purple Day for LGBTIQ+ young Australians!
- Next Steps wins grant to explore gender differences in suicide prevention
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!
- Working together to deliver quality community training
- Keeping well & staying connected amidst COVID-19 shutdown
- Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) program kicks off for 2020
- Article: Illawarra suicide prevention head Alex Hains says we all have a role to play
- Nominate someone you know for a LiFE Award today!
- Find support during the bushfires
- Find support for yourself and others during the holidays
- Services for people experiencing homelessness during the holidays
- Applications now open for Innovation Research Grants!
- Development of the NSW LGBTI Health Strategy
- Help us spread the word about suicide prevention
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card