Urbis, an independent research company, has been engaged by NSW Health to develop the first NSW LGBTI Health Strategy!
To inform the Strategy, Urbis and NSW Health are undertaking consultations with LGBTIQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and queer) people to hear about their experiences with health services and understand what could be done to improve access and outcomes in the future.
How can LGBTIQ+ people in the Illawarra Shoalhaven have their say?
LGBTIQ+ people can provide input by completing a 10-15 minute online survey, open until Friday 13 December, 2019 at 5pm.
For more information about these opportunities and how you can help, click here.
Help spread the word!
We encourage community members and health professionals alike to share the survey and consultation opportunities with as many LGBTIQ+ people as possible.
A flyer is available with the survey, which you can share on social media, print and display in your workplace etc.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
- Sidonie Roberts from Urbis on (02) 8233 9962 or email@example.com
- Greg Smitheram at the Health and Social Policy Branch, NSW Ministry of Health on (02) 9391 9353 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about LGBTIQ+ support services and community groups in the Illawarra Shoalhaven, visit the COORDINARE LGBTIQ+ health page.
- Find support for yourself and others during the holidays
- Services for people experiencing homelessness during the holidays
- Applications now open for Innovation Research Grants!
- Development of the NSW LGBTI Health Strategy
- Help us spread the word about suicide prevention
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper
- Tim Heffernan and Toni Garretty among new Deputy Commissioners for mental health
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season
- Young people donate to support local suicide prevention efforts
- Lend your voice to improve emergency and follow-up care for a suicidal crisis