World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is an international awareness day observed on 10 September each year to provide a focus for commitment and action to prevent suicide. This year’s theme for World Suicide Prevention Day is ‘Creating Hope Through Action’. The theme is a reminder that suicide is preventable and collectively, we can make a difference. The theme also aims to inspire confidence that our actions, no matter how big or small, provide hope to those impacted by suicide.
For WSPD, Collaborative members shared what 'creating hope through action' means to them. You can see the thoughtful reflections in the video and slideshow below.
Creating hope through action - slideshow
Our friends at Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District spoke to some of their carers, staff, consumers and their families to find out what 'creating hope through action' means to them. See all the great responses in their video below.
- We can all play a role in suicide prevention
- Voices of In-Sight workshop
- Suicide: there are services available to help those left behind
- Creating change through lived experience of suicide
- Loneliness is a universal yet deeply personal experience
- How conversations can make a difference
- Creating hope through action - World Suicide Prevention Day
- Safe Haven
- Open Letter: Responding to suicide in our community
- Where to go for local support over the Christmas period
- Locals bravely share their stories on video to help other people bereaved by suicide
- Australia’s first Suicide and Self-harm Monitoring System website launched
- ‘Chats for change’ are here for you!
- Push for better this October
- Join the virtual ‘Out of the Shadows’ walk!
- Local event planned to mark R U OK? Day
- Developing a local response to suicide prevention in Kiama and Gerringong
- Celebrating Wear It Purple Day for LGBTIQ+ young Australians!
- Next Steps wins grant to explore gender differences in suicide prevention
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!