The Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative has recently developed a 'Where to go for support' resource for adults that highlights key mental health and other supports available in the Illawarra Shoalhaven region.
The Collaborative has also developed a 'Where to go for support' resource for young people, with information about mental health services for young people, drug and alcohol services, legal and financial support and more.
Help us spread the word!
We need your help to make sure that people in our community are aware of these resources, and know that help is available locally.
Firstly, you can like/share our Facebook post or Twitter posts promoting the posters. You can also display the electronic versions of the posters on TVs in reception rooms, as desktop backgrounds etc.
Please also consider ordering our printed resources so you can display them in your workplace and share them with your networks.
Items available include:
Some ways you can display/share these printed resources include:
- stick poster on the back of toilet doors, in waiting areas, food courts, staff rooms etc
- hand out 'Where to go for support' cards to your staff and clients/customers
- promote resources on your organisation’s intranet
- promote resources into your newsletters and email through your networks
- place cards at reception desk.
How to order
The Collaborative will be making a one-off, bulk purchase of the 'Where to go for support' fold-up business cards. We are happy to purchase as many cards as you need to help spread the word.
Please send any orders for the 'Where to go for support' cards and any other printed resources to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 26 April.
- Voices of In-Sight workshop
- Suicide: there are services available to help those left behind
- Creating change through lived experience of suicide
- Loneliness is a universal yet deeply personal experience
- How conversations can make a difference
- Creating hope through action - World Suicide Prevention Day
- Safe Haven
- Open Letter: Responding to suicide in our community
- Where to go for local support over the Christmas period
- Locals bravely share their stories on video to help other people bereaved by suicide
- Australia’s first Suicide and Self-harm Monitoring System website launched
- ‘Chats for change’ are here for you!
- Push for better this October
- Join the virtual ‘Out of the Shadows’ walk!
- Local event planned to mark R U OK? Day
- Developing a local response to suicide prevention in Kiama and Gerringong
- Celebrating Wear It Purple Day for LGBTIQ+ young Australians!
- Next Steps wins grant to explore gender differences in suicide prevention
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!
- Working together to deliver quality community training