- By Sarah McKenzie
- 19 December 2018
Kiama High School students recently donated the proceeds of multiple fundraising events to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative.
13 students participated in an elective events management course run by SENTRAL Youth Services. The students held a cake stall at Kiama High School and a Youth Market in Hindmarsh Park, with 20 stall holders taking part - a great success!
The students raised a total of $1,300, which they donated to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative, with the aim of assisting local suicide prevention efforts.
Thank you to all involved! The donation will help more than 100 people to complete Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), an online, evidence-based suicide prevention training course that takes just one hour.
You can sign up for QPR here: www.suicidepreventioncollaborative.org.au/qpr
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season
- Young people donate to support local suicide prevention efforts
- Lend your voice to improve emergency and follow-up care for a suicidal crisis
- Illawarra Hawks join QPR campaign for suicide prevention
- A mo takes a month, QPR takes an hour
- First national survey of trans and gender diverse sexual health launched in Australia
- Free suicide prevention training now available!
- NSW begins journey towards zero suicides!
- Rising suicide nationally, requires more action locally
- Supporting colleagues with mental health obstacles
- Crisis support services – just a call or click away!
- Local AFL clubs come together to tackle high suicide rates
- Collaborative invites community to big celebration!
- Reconnecting with life – the vital role of peer workers, family and friends in suicide prevention
- New community suicide prevention training announced!
- Families play a crucial role in supporting people who are suicidal
- Psychological treatment is available, affordable and effective in suicide prevention
- Suicide prevention program rolled out in local high schools
- General practices can play a vital role in suicide prevention
- Employers have important role to play in reducing suicide